Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fools? Just Spring in Central Oregon

I awoke this morning to a vision of winter outside my window.  At first I was surprised but then I remembered that in Central Oregon, anything goes really when it comes to weather and it's actually not an April Fools joke by Mother Nature.



My daughter is convinced that it is still Winter even though I have explained that it really is Spring, at least it's not freezing anymore.  That is one thing I tell my clients over and over, it is not so much our planting zone but the unpredictability of our weather that makes it more difficult to garden here in Bend and Central Oregon.

 
My hardy Rugosa Rose will be fine even though it has been budding out and greening up.  Hardy plants that can take our erratic weather patterns are the best choices for a successful garden as well as plant diversity.

Mother Nature couldn't have chosen a better day to make it snow, but I know that it is still Spring and I'm planning my garden anyways.

Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment