Thursday, October 29, 2009

Affordable Modern Designs for Outdoor Living

The High Desert Design Council is always posting great looking design ideas which I find so inspiring.  I recently found some great ideas of my own in the last two issues of Garden Design.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that these prices were very affordable, something I don't usually find in this magazine.  These are also items I would consider using myself and recommend to clients. I particularly like the lantern since my husband and I are in love with Danish lighting designs, our favorite being the PH5 by Poul Henningsen.  When we were in Denmark in 2007, we looked into getting a used one, but even a used one was very expensive.  But somehow, most Danes had them in their homes.  Priorities, priorities I guess.


Soji Solar White Modern Lantern
Find it at Sprout Home



The Autumn Leaf Swing by designer Veronica Martinez
Also seen in a bronze.  Find it at Urban Garden Deco Guide



3 comments:

  1. Ooh, LOVE the leaf swing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these lights...

    Saw them in person at Living in the Garden (my favorite garden shop) in Eastern Washington.

    ReplyDelete